American Immigration Lawyers Association
AILA - South Florida Chapter
Lousiana State Bar Association

Green Cards

Miami Lawyer for Green Cards

It can be extremely difficult for those trying to immigrate to the United States to understand how to obtain a green card and take other steps. A green card is an identification document that reflects you are a permanent resident of the United States, and you are allowed to live and work in the country legally. If you need a green card, you should call our knowledgeable Miami immigration law attorney Lupe Lafont. Ms. Lafont is a Venezuelan attorney who is dedicated to providing compassionate and personalized legal services to those seeking green card, visas, asylum and other relief through the complicated immigration system.

Green Card

There are different paths to getting a green card in the immigration system. These paths include:

  • Family
  • Employment
  • Refugee or asylee status
  • Special immigrant
  • Human trafficking
  • Victims of abuse
  • Registry

A green card may be obtained through family if you are an immediate relative of a United States citizen, another relative of a citizen or relative of a lawful permanent resident under the family-based preference category, a fiancé of a United States citizen or the fiancé’s child, widower of a United States citizen, or a Violence Against Women Act (VAWA) self-petitioner.

Immediate Relatives of Citizens

You could be eligible to apply if you have one of the following relationships to a United States citizen:

  • Spouse
  • Unmarried child under age 21
  • Parent of a citizen who’s at least 21 years old.

For instance, if you are married to a citizen, you may be able eligible for a green card. Similarly, you’d also be eligible if you are a family of a citizen, such as an unmarried daughter or son of a citizen, if you are at least 21 or if you’re a sister or brother of a citizen who’s at least 21.

You can also be eligible in other situations such as if you are a spouse, unmarried child, or unmarried daughter or son of a lawful permanent resident who is at least 21 years old.

Employment Category

Our Miami lawyer serving immigration law clients be able to obtain a green card in the employment category. Green cards based on work are available under a range of circumstances. For instance, you may be able to get a first preference immigrant worker green card if you possess extraordinary abilities in the arts, sciences, education, athletics or business. You may be able to get a green card in this category if you are an executive or multinational who satisfies certain criteria. Likewise, you may be able to get a green card as a second preference immigrant worker by being a member of a profession that mandates an advanced degree or if you have exceptional ability in the sciences, arts, or business.

It is possible to get a green card under a range of other circumstances as well. We can examine your situation and determine which approach would work best for you. For instance, if you were granted asylum status a year ago, you may be able to obtain a green card in that category. Those with T nonimmigrant visas (human trafficking) and U nonimmigrant visas (victims of certain crimes who have been mentally or physical abused) may be eligible for green cards. For example, we would be able to obtain a green card on your behalf if our dedicated Miami lawyer were able to establish the following in an immigration law proceeding:

  • You are the victim of domestic violence in the United States
  • You have suffered substantial physical or mental abuse as a result of having been a victim domestic violence
  • You have information about the criminal activity
  • You were helpful, are helpful, or are likely to be helpful to law enforcement in the investigation or prosecution of the crime
  • You are admissible to the United States.

Other green card categories include:

  • American Indian born in Canada
  • Diversity Immigrant Visa Program
  • Liberian Refugee Fairness
  • The Cuban Adjustment Act
  • Dependent status under the HRIFA
  • Lautenberg parolee
  • Indochinese Parole Adjustment Act of 2000
  • Those born in the country to a foreign diplomat.

Hire Our Law Firm to Navigate a Challenging Immigration System

Our dedicated Miami immigration lawyer may be able to help you get a green card. Lupe Lafont is admitted to practice in Louisiana and before the Department of Homeland Security in other states. Please contact us on our online form or at (305) 439-0604.

Client Reviews

During Covid time, my parent's boarding foil expired, leaving them and me in limbo, but I contacted the attorney Lupe Lafont, who handled my case with expertise and diligence. As a result, my parent's boarding foil was successfully reissued, and my family has finally reunited again.

Aracelis L.

Get in Touch

  1. 1 Hablamos Español
  2. 2 Call Us Now
  3. 3 Dedicated & Compassionate Immigration Attorney

Fill out the contact form or call us at (305) 439-0604 to schedule your consultation.

Leave Us a Message